I thought I’d share this meme I created because this is how I work through what might be going on for me on those days when I’m feeling super highly sensitive!
I call them Red Flag Days, because no matter what I do, sometimes I find myself in a heightened state of being sensitive.
On those days I know that what I need is to regulate my nervous system and shut out any inputs that are making things tougher than I’d like.
This is my go-to checklist to start to pull apart the “noise”
- What’s the moon doing? Is it a full moon, new moon, eclipse, blue moon, super moon etc?
- What’s going on for me physically? For women – where are you in your menstrual cycle? What other physical stressors are going on? Am I dehydrated? How are my blood sugars?
- Are there any active trauma triggers, big or small? Is it my stuff, or someone else’s?
- Are there any earthquakes, wars, bushfires, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions or anything else going on right now that I could be feeling?
- What else is going on in the universe? Meteor showers? Solar flares?
All of these things can affect human beings and how we feel. I find that investigating the causes and naming them can help.
Because being super-sensitive isn’t always just about you
You might be feeling in to a LOT of different things without knowing it.
Once you’ve created some awareness about what you’re tuned into, you can use your toolkit to help recenter yourself and call your energy body back to you.
Then you can use meditation techniques to “roll down the shutters”.
Then you can calm your nervous system in whatever ways work for you.
My standard go-to’s are spending time at the beach and/or with the trees. Being with animals and observing my breathing.
We can have a say over what we feel as highly sensitive people. It takes awareness and a bit of practice, but it’s entirely doable!
Ambha Amanda Roberts is a Kinesiologist, Intuitive Healer, educator and facilitator based on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. She offers Kinesiology sessions both in-person and via Skype/Zoom all over the world.
Ambha Amanda is the co-creator of Adventures of Staria, which includes a series of Staria cards, and an upcoming book for children (including inner children).