If there’s something I’ve learned about the spiritual awakening process, it’s this…
- Having a spiritual awakening or even twenty of them… doesn’t mean you’ve mastered anything. Instead it’s like being in kindergarten again. You’re a babe in the woods.
- When you begin to see through your previous perception, what you’ll get to see most is how full of crap you are…actually how full of crap all of us humans are. But the only person you need to be concerned with in all of this is YOU.
- The journey of spiritual awakening isn’t about seeing yourself as better than anyone else. It’s not a bucket list item, either.
- A real deal spiritual awakening will rip you a new one: energetically, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
- And you WILL be challenged. It will most likely hurt in some way(s). A lot.
Or in other words… a real spiritual awakening isn’t just a fluffy and lovely feel good experience
It shows you your shadows as well as your light. Full spectrum YOU.
Which is also to say… they can be just like everyday conscious living, only on steroids.
You‘ll be confronted with your stories that make up who you think you are
All of those things that you connect to the idea of Self.
Now, you can be confronted with these things and not be having a spiritual awakening.
But the difference is that once the “old reality” band aid has been ripped off…there’s no going back. No denying or avoiding or distracting tactics will work.
You can try, but you’re on the darn roller coaster to the end
And on that journey, you will be your own best friend AND your own worst nightmare.
By which I mean…the tighter you cling to How Things Were (resistance) the more intensely you’re going to get served your own crap right back at you.
This is why a true spiritual awakening will always change you irrevocably.
It may even look like your entire life is being dismantled. Because sometimes that’s what has to happen to make way for the incredible intelligence of life.
None of this is a one night thing.
It’s not: oh my word, now I’m enlightened and radiate light 24/7
Instead it’s an in the trenches, deal with your stinky crap, and all the ways you lie to yourself, and deny your own divinity, truth and power.
We humans…we’re EXCELLENT at Denial and really not so awesome at Surrender.
The first step is admitting…yep now I can see how full of crap I actually am.
GREAT! And now, let’s get on with the real work of shedding those wiffy stories, so we can eventually embody divinity without pause.
Ambha Amanda Roberts is a Kinesiologist, Intuitive Healer, educator and facilitator based on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. She offers Kinesiology sessions both in-person and via Skype/Zoom all over the world.
Ambha Amanda is the co-creator of Adventures of Staria, which includes a series of Staria cards, and an upcoming book for children (including inner children).